History Repeating!

Carpentry Returns To Glenstal Abbey School

Housemaster Paddy Gleeson – who is a qualified Woodwork Teacher – instructing a group of Third Year students in the rudiments of carpentry.

It is interesting to note that the origins of the current school lie in the small School for Arts and Crafts opened by the founding monks of Glenstal in 1928. A secondary school for boys was opened later in September 1932 with Fr Columba Skerret OSB as the Headmaster and  just seven boys on the roll.

Next post: Glenstal Ball