The monks welcome guests who wish to stay and have some quiet time and attend the liturgies in the Abbey Church which take place several times a day. The majority of guests who visit the Abbey do so to make a private retreat which provides time for rest, reading, reflection and prayer.
To reserve a room in the Abbey Guest House please email [email protected] or call 061 621005.
Abbey Guest House Donation
The hospitality of space, of peace and of God is the gift of this place to you. Only you can put a value on how that has been for you in your stay with us. For this reason there is no specific monetary ‘charge’. Your donation is at your own discretion and includes the cost of providing your accommodation, all meals, and the cleaning and upkeep of the guest house, as well as the care and maintenance of the Abbey space, gifted to you during your stay. A full day is considered as supper on day of arrival, bed & breakfast and lunch on day of departure.
The Abbey seeks to provide wholesome home-cooked meals for guests. Breakfast is served in the Guesthouse. Lunch is offered in the monastery and supper is with the monastic community in the monastery refectory – a silent meal with reading at table.
Guests having special dietary needs are catered for in as far as possible and are asked to inform us of particular needs when booking. All our soups and sauces are gluten free.
The Abbey Guesthouse has twelve en-suite rooms (10 single and 2 twin rooms).
- All our rooms have a view of the Guesthouse gardens, library and Abbey Church.
- All the rooms have private bathrooms.
- The rooms are modestly and simply furnished with a desk and chair, a reading chair, bed and desk lamps, an extra wool blanket, pillow, towels, wash cloth, hand soap and a small wardrobe. An umbrella is provided in each room.
- An additional electric heater is provided, as are hot water bottles.
- Wireless Internet is available in the Guesthouse. Ask at the Guesthouse reception for the access password. In addition, the rooms are wired for ethernet connection to the Internet. Cables are located in each room.
Check In and Check Out
Check in and check out is at Monastery Reception as there is no direct access to the Guesthouse. Out of hours arrival times need to be arranged in advance.
- Check-in: 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Check-out: 11:00 am
Give the Gift of Glenstal
If you would like to give the gift of a stay at the Abbey Guest House, vouchers are available at Monastery Reception. Please email us at [email protected] or call 061 621005 for more details.
For more information write to or email: