School Project in Kenya
Improving Facilities and Opportunities for Young People at Oloika Middle School
- On 9th July 2019, ten sixth year students will take part in the Kenyan School Project 2019. The project, now in its tenth year and led by Fr John, has left a lasting impact on numerous Kenyan schools.
- 100% of funds raised will go directly to building classrooms and toilets that are desperately needed by the Kenyan School Children
Kenyan Project 2019
- Building a classroom: €13,000
- Renovating a classroom: €2,000
- Supplying girls' toilets: €5,000
- Providing laptops to teach kids computer skills, English, and Maths
- Fundraising Goal: €20,000. Each of the boys is required to raise a minimum of €1,000 with a stretch goal of €2,000 to €3,000
- Each participating Glenstal family paid for their son's travel and subsistence expenses which means that 100% of funds raised will go directly to the objectives outlined above
This year's Kenyan Crew: Matthew Cannon, Seán Carey, Max Downing, Richard Enright, Peter Fahy, Antoine Japy, Art Keane, Matthew Lyne, Tiernan Ryan and Harry Swan.